Using the simple SMART target setting technique you would be able to ensure that you are setting targets that are relatable and going to help you to achieve your goals.
- Specific – you need to make sure are setting goals that are specific to what you want to achieve. You need to set your short term goals so well that you are able to achieve your long term ones.
- Measurable – you also need to ensure that your goals are also measurable meaning they need to have a deadline. Without a dead line you could be working on small task for a very long time and become districted from the main overall goal. You also need to ensure that these goals are meaningful so that you maintain motivation to achieve them.
- Achievable – you also need to make your goals achievable, furthermore you need to ensure that they are realistic goals. If you make goals that you know that you not going to be able to achieve in the time frame when adapt them so that you can.
- Relevant – you also need to make your goals relevant, this means keeping them reasonable, and realistic. You need to ensure that they are going to help you in the long run. There is no point in setting goals that are not going to help you in the future. Finally they need to be results-based.
- Time bound – once again your goals need to be time-based and time limited, you need to set deadlines so that you have further motivation to achieve your goals.
Use these tips to ensure that you are setting aims that are going to help to achieve your goals.
If you need any more tips and advice on goal setting or you have any other questions or queries get in touch!